I saw this on Kisses from Jess‘s Blog the other day and knew it was a tag I wanted to complete.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
It depends what I’m feeling. I mean I don’t have a lot of contemporary for something lighter but more how big and/or daunting the book seems.
2. You’re half way through a book and your just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I think I’ve been pretty lucky. I haven’t read too many books that I’ve felt like I’ve needed or wanted to stop reading. But I think I would stop reading it if I was struggling to get through it.
3. The end of the year is coming and you are so close, but so far off your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try and catch up?
If its only one or two books then definitely catch up if its more then that it would depend on how much time I had.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I would 100% go out and buy the matching covers if it is possible. If not then I would just cope with it but not love it.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with other your shared feelings?
Hmm.. I don’t really know. I don’t really have the same taste in books as my bookish friends. I usually just talk to my partner about it even though he has no idea what I’m talking about.
6. You’re reading a book and are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I usually do most of my reading on the train and wear sunglasses so if afternoon I don’t care – probably because I am so tired that I couldn’t care even if I wanted too – and I just cry. In the mornings I try and hold it in a little, I don’t want my small amount of make up to come off.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot of the prior novel. will you re-read the book, skip the sequel, try to find a synopsis on Goodreads or cry in frustration?
I don’t usually re-read, I have so many books to read that I don’t usually have time. I usually just jump straight into the sequel. If I loved the first book then it’ll come back to me as I read the sequel.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Again I really appreciate the fact that I don’t have a lot of bookish friends with the same taste in books as me, so I don’t usually get asked.
9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the past month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I usually just ride it out. There’s probably a reason that I can’t focus on reading and its usually because I’m exhausted from work or sick. I just just some rest and hope the next month will be better.
10. There are so many new books coming out you’re dying to read. How many do you actually buy?
As many as I can without getting in trouble for spending too much money!
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on the self before you get to them?
It could be weeks, it could be months. It just depends on what I feel like reading. I know I’ll get to them. I just don’t know when.